744th ROB Company A - Sergeant Henry Espinosa

 Great stuff shared by Andy about his dad

He writes "View the below reprint from the Military Railway Service Journal – Jan 1959; Paragraph 7, third line down. It seemed that after the war there were lots of GI’s waiting to come home and needed to be entertained. The European Battalions organized baseball teams and my dad was the 744th’s star pitcher and team captain (of course). See attached travel orders to play baseball. They actually went 7 wins, 0 losses, undefeated. As my dad described it to me, they were given a train travel-car, a sleeper-car and a kitchen-car and cook, and were pulled over Europe to play their games. Interestingly, I found out about my dad’s ability at baseball pitching, hitting...years later at our family picnics. All the other uncles were ok, but he seemed to be a cut above. He could pitch like a semipro and I always wondered why. Then he shared that he led his Battalion team and his European baseball story. "

 baseball team
baseball order  Sergeant Henry Espinosa

0 comments: